10 Popular Dating Profile Example to Copy in 2022
Are you still puzzled about where can I find good dating profile examples to refer to? And how can I write an attractive dating profile bio? Now, this article answers all your questions.
What should I write in my dating profile?
Introducing yourself and tell a little bit about what you do and like to do and briefly talk about what you’re looking for. You don’t have to give every single detail of your life or give a massive checklist of what you need. Just make it simple, short, sweet, and straight to the point. The idea is just to arouse enough interest for someone to send you a message or a flirt to start a conversation where you can get to know each other better. We will share some dating profile examples later in the article.
How do I make my dating profile stand out?
Despite recognizing that a good profile picture is of paramount importance when online dating, I also believe that a well-written profile is of equal importance. A photo says yes, I like your face. A well-written profile also says yes, because I also like your mind.
However, there are a number of school-boy errors that people make when writing a profile. Bad grammar and spelling, too long, too short, too boring, or too pretentious to name but a few. Selling yourself in a paragraph is undoubtedly a difficult thing to do but there are basic rules a person can follow if they want to stand out from the crowd and ensure a response from their fellow daters. Let’s take a sneak peek into how to make your dating profile stand out from popular dating profile examples across dating platforms.
- Be relaxed and approachable but not too casual: Your profile is your chance to sell yourself to the world. You are not applying for a job at the MOD you are trying to meet somebody you intend to have a relationship with. Start your profile with a friendly hello or hi. Then avoid clichés – Even if you do like ‘walking on the beach’ or ‘drinking wine in front of a roaring fire’, leave it out – everyone says that. Think of something interesting that could be a conversation starter.
- Ask your friends for help: Get a friend to help you write your profile. Sometimes they know you better than you know yourself. Or better still look at other people’s dating profile examples, you can look at a selection of profiles to see what other people are saying. Reading a variety might give you ideas for things to include in your own one. Most good dating profiles are curated from dating profile examples of others.
- Lastly, update your profile regularly: Keep your profile up to date, and make the effort to renew your profile on a regular basis with relevant information about yourself.
These are clues from dating profile examples across relevant dating profile bios online.
Good Dating Profile Headline Examples
When it comes to your dating profile, your headline is likely the first thing someone will read on your profile. That being said, if you want to find your perfect match, you want to create a statement that is eye-catching. Think of it as the first impression for showcasing your personality – your headline (combined with an interest in your photo) will be the first glimpses of your personality that make someone want to connect with you.
You might not think a headline makes a difference, but you would be surprised by how often it works. The headline is similar to that of a newspaper headline, where you are trying to capture the attention of any prospective dates. If it isn’t already obvious, a headline on a dating profile is used to attract partners from the get-go. It’s a quick snapshot of who you are and a way to draw someone in before they swipe left.
There are millions of people using dating sites and apps, making it even harder to score yourself a date. So you need to take action and do everything you can to make your profile excel. That’s where a witty or humorous headline comes in handy. It is similar to making a first impression when you first meet someone. You want them to have a positive view of who you are.
Below are some good dating profile headlines recommended for you:
- “YOU’LL NEVER BELIEVE WHY I MOVED TO ___. “- Fill in the blank with your current location and you’ve got yourself a pretty intriguing headline. This is a great statement to use if you recently moved to a new city because it immediately opens up the conversation. This dating profile headline tells users you’re new in town or have a good story to tell. Plus, it creates a bit of mystery about you, and the people who want to know more about you will reach out!
- “SEEKING SOMEONE TO DO ___ WITH.” – This is a great headline for your dating profile because it tells people what you are looking for and the type of person you want to spend your time with. If you’re looking for a relationship, you can say “seeking a partner to do ___ with” or simply say “seeking a friend to have coffee with” if you’re only using the site for friendship. By adding an activity, you’re immediately mentioning one of your hobbies which will be eye-catching to someone with shared interests. Plus, if things go well, you’ve already got a first-date idea!
- “I AM SWEET, AMBITIOUS, AND THOUGHTFUL.” – If you want the absolute best dating profile headline, use these three words to describe your attributes (if they are true, that is). Why? well, when eHarmony U.K. analyzed over 12,000 profiles in 2014, they discovered that female profiles that included the words “sweet, ambitious, and thoughtful,” saw between 20 to 45 percent more approaches. For men, the three most attractive words you can use to describe yourself are: physically fit, ambitious, and perceptive.
- “LOOKING FOR MY NETFLIX & CHILL.”: This can work as both a bold or funny dating profile headline. If you’re just looking for a fling or something with no strings attached, this is a fun, easy way to put it out there. Who knows, maybe enjoying each other’s company while watching TV will turn into more than you set out for! This phrase has become a part of our modern culture, so it’s a pretty fun (albeit obvious) one to use for your dating profile.
- “I SOLEMNLY SWEAR THAT I AM UP TO NO GOOD.” – Don’t be shy – get a little creative with your headline! Use a quote or song lyric from one of your favorite books (like this Harry Potter reference) or bands and you’re bound to get a response from someone who catches and loves the reference. Creative dating profile headlines are always eye-catching and the right person will appreciate the effort!
10 Popular Dating Profile Examples
If you’ve recently signed up for a few dating apps but you’re still stuck for something to write on your dating profile, you might be feeling a tad frustrated. After all, each dating app is different and requires you to write a different profile. There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all, magic bullet profile, this means you need to put a bit of effort in so that you stand out.
Four dating profile examples for men:
Writing a good dating profile for men can be so cumbersome, however, there are some things that work and some that do not.
Let’s take a look at some Tinder profile examples now:
What works: Short, slick, humorous bios. Emojis are a bonus. As a man, your work & success should be included in your profile in a very precise and concise approach.
What doesn’t work: Huge profiles that go into great detail about why you’re here and what you want from love. Your profile needs to be short, but it also needs to be compelling and snappy. It needs some sort of hook that guides peoples’ eyes to you, too.
Brendan, 27 – “Irish lad, like meeting new people and love traveling, art, and making music! I just moved to Manchester with my new job. Coffee and chat would be great.”
Tom, 31 – “Gym geek, bit shy, 5’11”, own house.”
The two men above seem more focused on their careers. Tom has his own house, so he is obviously doing well in life, while Brendan has relocated for his new job. Work and success are important to these two men and it really works on Tinder.
Having viewed Tinder dating profile examples, now let’s discuss how to write a good dating profile on Match.com.
What works: Super friendly, long-but-not-too-long profiles that reveal what you’re looking for
What doesn’t work: Generic sentences full of cliches.
Here are some Match dating profile examples for you:
Jose, 25 – “I would describe myself as a lover of travel as I believe the further you travel, the better it gets. I work to fund my lifestyle. I enjoy eating out as I am a real restaurant buff. I’m also a huge animal lover and have three dogs. I love going to the cinema and try to go as often as I can. I enjoy life and live it to the fullest.”
Curtis, 26 – “Recently moved from London to see what Manchester has to offer.
I enjoy a good book, hiking, cats, plants, and bao buns.
A lack of curiosity about the world is a hard limit.
I’m on a mission to read one book from every country, so any recommendations for Vanuatu would be much appreciated (as would any recommendation):”
From the above, as a man, you need to make sure that you beef up your bio with something that makes you unique and interesting and which also ensures you target the right people. No woman is going to pay good money just to message a man/Guy who’s written “Hey” in their profile. Remember, people, pay to send messages on Match.
Four dating profile examples for women/female
Back to Tinder, let’s take a look at some dating profile examples for women
What works: Short, slick, humorous bios. Emojis are a bonus (Just as for men)
What doesn’t work: Huge profiles that go into great detail about why you’re here and what you want from love.
Now look at these female dating profile examples:
Niamh, 26 – “It’s pronounced Neev.
English girl. Irish name. Scottish heart.
Food. Rum. Yoga.
Just home after traveling to Asia for 3 months.”
Aimee, 26 – “New to London, need someone to show me around.
Skiing, friends, and beer gardens are my favorite things.”
The two girls have really got it nailed by including the fact that they’re new to the area. This is always a good hook to add to your profile because it’s an instant invitation for someone to say, “I’ll be your tourist guide!” They also manage to cram a good number of interests/passions into their very short bios.
And notice how adventurous Niamh shows us she is. She’s only used a few characters, yet we already know she’s traveled extensively and has a pretty varied heritage.
However, it’s a different scenario when writing women’s profiles on OkCupid. Here are some dating profile examples from OkCupid.
What works: In-depth, thoughtful, and revealing profiles that are interesting, quirky, and charming.
What doesn’t work: One or two lines or a totally blank profile.
Emily, 24 – “I’m here to find a potential long-term partner. I’m socially awkward most of the time, I believe I’m an introvert, or maybe people are just c*nts. I have different comfort zones around different people, so I’m not always as open with some people as I am with others. I attempt to be funny with sarcasm, & innuendos are my thing.”
Jem, 28 – I’m open to friendship, lovers, and partners.
I’m looking for depth and meaningful connection but prefer to let it grow slowly.
I can be quite serious about the things I’m into, but I also have a lively and quirky personality. I like getting to know new people……and experiences that can be termed ‘spiritual’ or personally insightful.
These examples are all pretty heavy going, It’s almost as though we just walked into the middle of a therapy session. And, OkCupid allows you to do that. It encourages you to open up a bit, make yourself vulnerable immediately and say what’s really on your mind.
Emily, for example, has laid her cards fully on the table straight off the bat. She is here to find a long-term partner – no messing around. This is something you definitely wouldn’t put on Tinder, but it’s perfectly fine on OkCupid.
It’s also perfectly okay to admit – like Jem did – that you’re not really sure what you’re looking for. You’re open to this, that, and even that. And this is really what OkCupid is about – acceptance of differences, nuances, and of depth and soul. To truly succeed here, it helps to go that extra distance.
That said, it’s also – of course – a bonus to be funny now and then, too. You don’t always have to be so serious, but you should be specific and interesting. Don’t be vague.
Two dating profile examples for BBW
For BBW, it’s a different case entirely. Here there is really no need for personal interests, success or achievements. Just say directly what you’re looking for in a partner.
Now here are WooPlus dating profile examples:
From these two dating profiles of WooPlus, it is not difficult to find that as BBW, they pay more attention to the commonality of ideas among partners. When looking for a relationship, they prefer to express their expectations of lovers at the first. Whether it’s for you or someone looking for a BBW partner, it’s essential to write your expectations or principles on the profile.
What NOT to Put Into Your Dating Profile
- Rants and Complaints: While writing your dating profile, avoid negativity. Negativity can suggest that you’re burned out, bitter, or generally pessimistic — which are hardly the types of qualities that are likely to inspire a right swipe. That means you probably don’t want to use your dating app bio as a space to vent about something. A2 010 study of 248 adults published in The Journal of Positive Psychology revealed that optimists are generally perceived as more attractive than pessimists. “If you’re thinking something negative, turn it into a positive,” she advises. “For example, turn ‘not looking for a player’ into ‘looking for a committed relationship.’
- Too Much Personal Info: For safety reasons alone, it’s best not to put overshare info in your profile. Not to state the obvious, but it’s not best to leave your phone number, address, and other contact info out of your bio — you’ll probably want to build up some trust with someone before revealing those details. You may even want to be careful about revealing the exact school you attend or the company you work for until you’ve gotten to know your matches a little better.
- Only Group Photos: From dating profile examples, having a group pic or two can offer a glimpse into your social life, but experts warn that only including photos with other people can make it really difficult for other users to figure out who you are. That’s why Golden advises making sure there’s at least one photo of just you — ideally the first or second one in your profile. “No one takes the time to play ‘Where’s Waldo?'”. “Plus, the friend is always more attractive to someone. Lose-lose.”
- Straight-Up Lies: It can be tempting to twist the truth a little bit, but experts agree that this can do more harm than good. Whether you claim that you’re younger or taller than you actually are, or pretend you have a potentially more impressive occupation, your match will inevitably find out the truth eventually — and then they’re bound to have a major issue trusting you. That’s not exactly starting a relationship on the right foot. “Don’t waste your time or others’ time by lying,” “Sure, you might get more responses, but for the wrong reasons.”
Your online dating profile is the key to whether or not you’re going to have success finding what you’re looking for. No matter if you’re looking for love, marriage, casual dating, or just friendship—a great online dating profile decides your level of success. These are clues from dating profile examples across relevant dating platforms.
One of the best ways to craft a witty online dating profile that truly showcases who you are is by seeing successful dating profile examples.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this article and that you’re now in a position to craft better, more exciting dating profiles. This is going to take some time but you can use the dating profile examples in this article as inspiration. Just make sure to keep yours unique and don’t be afraid to keep tweaking until you get this right. Don’t forget to check other dating profile examples when you want to write your own.