Plus-Size Dating App WooPlus Lashes Out at Fashion Industry by Launching Plus Size Model Campaign ‘WooPlus Angel’
Recently a size 4 model, Anna Gantt, who was fat-shamed, broke down on TikTok about the harsh body size and weight standards of the fashion industry; the video went viral. She explained what had happened to her at a modeling casting; she was told she needed to lose weight for a photoshoot since the processor and the casting director wanted to ‘see her bones’.
Inspired by her experience, WooPlus, the plus-size dating app, is launching a new campaign called “WooPlus Angel” with the purpose of drawing attention to body positivity. The campaign allows only plus-size women to show their curves confidently, and WooPlus will digitally publish “WooPlus Angels” regularly. The “WooPlus Angel” campaign aims to encourage plus-size girls not to be tied to body sizes, and to lash out at the problematic fashion industry.
The fashion industry has been slammed by many people in the industry regarding its critical standards for models, which requires them to be extremely skinny. A lot of models have suffered from depression, anxiety, and eating disorders.
With Anna Gantt’s TikTok video going viral, this controversy has sparked a heated discussion within the WooPlus community. “I feel so sorry for the girl, she has a healthy body size; the fashion industry really needs to broaden the definition of beautiful bodies. “- username Mandy. “Why does the fashion industry always make being fat a bad thing? And to be fair I always think they look down on plus sizes or any people they think ‘fat'”- username MK.
“Body shaming needs to be stopped; people need to embrace diverse body types and realize that all sizes are beautiful. The campaign aims at demonstrating body positivity, also the representation of body confidence and various personalities with attitude. We are aggrieved to see models being compelled to work in an industry with only one standard of beauty appreciation, which isn’t positive and healthy, and we know they have been suffering a lot. It’s WooPlus who is making the change, and that’s why we want to unite plus-size women, to show the fashion industry that beauty can come from plus sizes. WooPlus is an inclusive dating app for plus-size people to enjoy dating and find love; we think this campaign will support what we’ve been constantly doing for plus-size people.”
WooPlus is reaching out to plus-size models, including Ashley Graham, Candice Huffine, Nyome Nicholas-Williams, and Robyn Lawley, together with plus-size fashion brands including Shein, Torrid, Lane Bryant, Eloquii, ASOS and Savage X Fenty. WooPlus is expanding the influence to encourage more plus-size women who feel the same way to take part in this campaign.
WooPlus, founded in 2015, is the dating app for curvy people to enjoy dating and find love. Beyond that, also an inclusive lifestyle choice for curvy people to feel attractive, confident, and loved for who they are. Today with over 6,000,000 members globally, WooPlus is available on both the App Store and Google Play; it has been featured on Forbes, People, BBC, and more.
Campaign Terms & Conditions
I (as the “Applicant”) am making a submission of material/content (the “Material”) to and for the benefit of WooPlus (“WooPlus”) pursuant to this agreement (this “Agreement”).
Intending to be legally bound, in consideration of the potential use in the WooPlus Angels campaign initiated by WooPlus, publicity and promotional value to Applicant of WooPlus’s possible use or other further dissemination of the Material, and to induce WooPlus to possibly use the Material, Applicant is providing the Material to WooPlus pursuant to the following terms and conditions:
1. Applicant hereby irrevocably grants to WooPlus and its designees (including advertisers) a non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, unrestricted, sublicensable right to use, market and promote your Material in any manner or media now known or later developed, for any purpose, including without limitation the rights to create the “WooPlus Angels Campaign”, reproduce, display, publish, perform, translate, transmit, broadcast, modify, adapt, alter, distribute, present, commercialize, create derivative works from your Materials, and exercise all intellectual property and other rights with respect to your Material, without any compensation or notice to you or any approval from you, with or without your name (whether your legal name or your user name on the applicable platform(s)), including, without limitation, in advertising and promotion of WooPlus and its products and/or services. Without limiting the foregoing, you represent that you have all consents and licenses necessary to use and to authorize WooPlus and our designees to use your Material in the manner permitted in this Agreement. You agree that your Material is not confidential.
Applicant represents, warrants and covenants the following:
1. Applicant is at least eighteen (18) years of age.
2. The submission of the Material, entering into this Agreement and WooPlus’s use of the Material in accordance with the terms of this Agreement, does not violate the rights of any third party; and
3. will not result in a breach of, and does not otherwise violate, any agreement or understanding with another party (including without limitation former or current employers of Applicant), or any policies and procedures that govern Applicant.
4. the Material is Applicant’s own creation and Applicant owns all rights in and to the Material; or
5. Applicant has obtained all necessary rights to submit the Material to WooPlus and to enter into this Agreement.
6. The Material is not obscene, indecent, does not defame, invade the privacy of, or infringe upon or violate any rights of any kind whatsoever of any individual or entity.
7. The Material does not violate any law, rule, or regulation of any governmental entity.
8. The Material is not subject to any obligation of confidentiality.
9. Applicant has not accepted or agreed to accept, or paid or agreed to pay, any money, service or other valuable consideration for the inclusion of any matter in the Material. Applicant will indemnify and hold harmless WooPlus, and its affiliates, advertisers, parent companies, subsidiaries, officers, shareholders, directors, members, managers, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns (collectively “WooPlus Entities”) against any and all loss, liability, claims, damages and other expenses, including reasonable attorneys fees, arising from: WooPlus’s use of the Material under this Agreement; any act or omission by Applicant; and any breach of Applicant’s representations and warranties in this Agreement.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, without application of conflict of laws principles. Applicant agrees that all disputes arising under this Agreement will be litigated and adjudicated exclusively in State and/or Federal Court located in the State of California, United States of America.
Applicant understands and agrees that in the exercise of the rights granted to WooPlus in this Agreement, WooPlus or its designees may, at their election, at any time and from time to time, exploit and turn to account any and all rights granted to WooPlus hereunder, and the Material provided by Applicant, in any manner and by any means, whether now known or hereafter devised, including without limitation, could be in all forms and media (including, without limitation, editing, copying, modifying, adapting, translating, reformatting, creating derivative works from, incorporating into other works, advertising, distributing and otherwise making available to the general public such Work, whether in whole or in part and any format or medium currently known or developed in the future).
Applicant understands that submission of the Material to WooPlus does not obligate WooPlus to use the Material.
Applicant agrees that if Material is selected for use by WooPlus, WooPlus may use Applicant’s full name, social media handles, web site, title of the Material, and city and state of residence and/or operation for the purpose of identifying, promoting and/or generating publicity for the usage. Except to the extent contained in the Material, WooPlus will not disclose any other personally identifiable information to the public, unless it is necessary to: conform to regulatory and legal requirements or comply with the legal process; protect the safety and security of its users, employees, or property; to defend the rights of WooPlus entities; or enforce this agreement.
For purposes of this Agreement, “Material” shall include all elements of the submission, including any music, video, still photographs, or other copyrighted elements that may be contained therein. You represent and warrant to WooPlus as follows: that your Materials is your own original work and that you have the right to grant the rights and permissions set forth in this Agreement; you have obtained all necessary licenses and permissions from all applicable third parties required for the submission of the Materials and use as permitted in the Terms; you will comply with all FTC disclosure requirements and guidelines relating to your Materials; the posting and/or display and/or other permitted use of your Materials by WooPlus or those deriving rights through WooPlus, including but not limited to, advertisers, will not violate any provision of any applicable law or regulation, or in any way infringe or violate rights of any third parties, including but not limited to copyright and other intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights; you waive any and all moral rights that exist in your Materials and any derivative works made therefrom.
You agree that your Materials created, submitted or otherwise made available by you to WooPlus or for WooPlus will not: be abusive, threatening or harassing towards others; include any infringing, obscene, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, offensive, or illegal content (including without limitation content which violates another person’s right of privacy); include commercial or political solicitations or messages; include any content designed to injure people or property (including without limitation viruses); impersonate others or be misleading as to your identity, the source of your Materials; suggest that you or your Materials is sponsored or endorsed by WooPlus (unless it is); otherwise violate this Agreement.